Hampshire County Retirement System

Social Security and You

Benefits received from Social Security may be offset by any pensions you receive from the Hampshire County Retirement System (which is a Government Pension Plan under the IRS code). The amount of offset is determined by Social Security.

While you do not need to report Social Security benefits to us, you do need to report benefits received from us to Social Security.

If you are subject to offset by Social Security, you must also report changes in benefits (i.e. COLA increases) to Social Security.

Fact Sheets and estimate calculators are also available at the Social Security Administration Website. www.ssa.gov

Appears in: General FAQ , Active Members , Retired Members