Ready to Retire
When can I retire?
If your membership date is prior to April 2, 2012, you are eligible to retire at age 55 with a minimum 10 years of full-time service or if you have at least 20 years of full-time service, you can retire at any age.
If your membership date is on or after April 2, 2012, you are eligible to retire at age 60 with a minimum 10 years of full-time service.
If you are a Group 4 member, you are eligible to retire at age 55 with no minimum service requirement
What steps do I need to take to retire?
- Get Estimate of Retirement Allowance (set tentative retirement date);
- Make appointment to meet with Retirement Counselor to review estimate, explanation of benefit options, naming beneficiaries, and the retirement process;
- Choose retirement date, benefit option, name beneficiaries;
- Complete and submit retirement forms to Retirement Board;
- Notify your employer of your intent to retire and make arrangements relative to continuing your health insurance as a retiree.
What forms do I need to complete?
- Application for Superannuation (Regular) Retirement
- Choice of Benefit Option
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- Tax Witholding (W-4P)
- Deduction Authorization for Health Insurance
- Retiree Beneficiary Selection